SCHEMA THERAPY FOR CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
ON LINE TRAINING
We are happy and proud to present Dr Christof Loose's new book, now published in English, on Schema Therapy for Children & Adolescents (Editors: Christof Loose, Peter Graaf, Gerhard Zarbock, & Ruth Holt) to our Schema Therapy colleagues. You may purchase it here where it can be shipped internationally:
Workshops 1 & 2 - completed in July 2020
Workshops 3 & 4 - Focus on Parents & Schema-Coaching, Case Conceptualization, and Play Therapy (2x2 days)
This workshop builds upon the content of the WS 1. Participation in WS 1 is a prerequisite for this immersion workshop. After a brief connection with the content of WS 1, the focus will be laid on the features of the work with parents (“Schema Coaching for Parents”), including psychoeducation, work with chairs, mode flash card, internal dialogue and imagery. Another goal of this workshop is to apply the schematic therapeutic approaches to their own cases. After the case presentation in the plenary, participants work out in small groups, the schema therapeutic case concept and treatment plan of this patient and their family. Based on already implemented schematic therapeutic treatment, techniques progress and problems in the used interventions are discussed. In the last unit participants will learn, how to work with the "Inner House", and to follow the schema therapeutic approaches in the context of Play Therapy (preschool and primary school age). In particular, the content and methods are:
- Therapeutic relationship with parents: "Limited Grandparenting"
- Education of the schema and mode concept
- Collusion of schemas and modes among the therapist and the patient (child/parents) • Schema Genogramm
- Working with chair dialogues (2-Chair dialogues: Focus Detached Protector)
- Imagery (Visualizing Caring Parental Modes)
- Imagery Rescripting
- Illustration of the basic approach to case conceptualization
- Conceptualization and treatment planning for their own cases
- Working on the "Inner House"
- Mode-oriented play therapy
- Special problems in the therapy
Video and picture material, life demonstrations, and/or role-play in groups of two or three participants ensure the consolidation and deepening of what has been learnt.
Bookings can only be confirmed upon full payment
If you are not able to book online with a credit card or PayPal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to issue a manual invoice
Dr. Christof Loose, PhD, is affiliated with the Institute of Experimental Psychology within the Department of Clinical Psychology of the University of Düsseldorf, Germany, and he also conducts his private practice in Dusseldorf. Dr. Loose is a therapist certified in Schema Therapy for children and adolescents (ST-CA) and chaired the Working Group on ST-CA internally of the ISST (International Society of Schema Therapy) from 2012-2107.
He has also published and authored several self-study books and videos on ST-CA in Germany. Dr. Loose continues to hold seminars and lessons on ST-CA around the world and we are honoured to invite him to Singapore where his skills and training will be of immense benefit to therapists working with children and adolescent populations.
Dr Loose is native German but will present in fluent English.
SCHEMA THERAPY FOR CHILDREN:
- Loose, C., Graaf, P. Zarbock, G. & Holt, R.A. (in prep for 2019/2020). Schema Therapy for Children and Adolescents. UK: Pavilion.
- Loose, C. & Graaf, P., (2014). Video-Learning: Schematherapie mit Kindern. DVD. Weinheim: Beltz. Loose, C. & Lechmann, C. (2019).
- Video-Learning: Schematherapie mit Jugendlichen. DVD. Weinheim: Beltz. Loose, C., Graaf, P. & Zarbock, G. (2013).
- Schematherapie mit Kindern und Jugendlichen. Weinheim: Beltz. Loose, C., Graaf, P. & Zarbock, G. (2015). Störungsspezifische Schematherapie mit Kindern und Jugendlichen. Weinheim: Beltz.
SCHEMA THERAPY FOR ADULTS:
- Arntz, A. & Jacob, G. (2012). Schema Therapy in Practice: An Introductory Guide to the Schema Mode Approach. John Wiley & Sons. Rafaeli, E., Bernstein, D.P., & Young, J. (2011).
- Schema Therapy (CBT Distinctive Features). Taylor & Francis. Vreeswijk, M. van, Broersen, J. & Nadort, M. (2012).
- The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of Schema Therapy: Theory, Research and Practice. John Wiley & Sons Young, J., Klosko, J. & Weishaar, M. E. (2006). Schema Therapy: A Practitioner's Guide. Guilford Pubn.
SCHEMA THERAPY FOR GROUPS:
- Farrell, J.M. & Shaw, I.A. (2012). Group Schema Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder: A Step-by-Step Treatment Manual with Patient Workbook. John Wiley & Sons.
Additional information about ST-CA on www.schematherapy-for-children.de where you can find the “Story of Felix and his Modes”.