Schema Therapy – Workshop 2 | Online
Borderline Personality Disorder/Complex Trauma
This Schema Therapy training for developmental trauma, incorporates Interpersonal Neurobiology, Polyvagal theory, Somatic Psychotherapy, bottom up and top down approaches and phases of intervention. The training takes place over 2 days.
A free recording of the training will be available for 3 months after the workshop to view on demand, allowing you to be able to watch the workshop, role plays, techniques and modules at your convenience, in order to cement your learning.
Training Objectives Include:
- A focus on experiential and Emotion Regulation techniques in Schema Therapy to use in session with reference to the three phases of treatment, i.e., Bonding & Regulation, Schema Mode Change & Autonomy.
- Understanding the three phases of treatment (bonding and regulation, mode change and building autonomy)
- Looking at the typical mode conceptualisation for this treatment population
- Using experiential and emotion regulation techniques
- Cognitive, Experiential, Behavioural Pattern Breaking for this clinical population will be discussed in detail, including the importance of Safety & Stabilisation before the use of Schema Mode Change Techniques.
- Understanding Flight, Fight and Freeze responses, bypassing coping modes by building therapeutic presence
- Limited reparenting when working with child modes using connection, co-regulation and self regulation
- Incorporating ideas from Polyvagal theory, (Porges, 2016), Interpersonal Neurobiology (Segal, 2000), Somatic Psychotherapy (Fisher & Ogden, 2015) and Stages of Treatment (Ford & Cortois, 2000) when applying Schema Therapy Techniques.
Certification hours include: Didactic Hours 9, Dyadic Hours 5
A Pre-recorded discussion with leading experts Joan Farrell and Ida Shaw, on common obstacles and pitfalls when working with this clinical population will be included.
Dates and Time
Training takes place over 2 days.
- Day 1: Thurs 9th Feb 2023 – 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Day 2: Fri 10th Feb 2023 – 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Early Bird : S$795.00 + GST (until 31st Dec 2022)
- Standard : S$895.00 + GST
All courses are fully eligible as accredited training workshops for those who wish to achieve full certification as a Schema Therapist.
If you register for these training events and wish to attain certification, you agree to adhere to the training guidelines stipulated by The International Society for Schema Therapy. In the case of online training (where applicable), this requires continuous attendance through the online platform.
Where training is offered online; the training link and pre-reading materials will be emailed to you in good time prior to the event.
Rita and Ruth discuss Workshop 1:
Schema Therapy for Chronic Mood and Anxiety Disorders
Rita and Ruth discuss Workshop 2:
Schema Therapy for Trauma and Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
Rita and Ruth discuss Workshop 3:
Schema Therapy Advanced Techniques and Cluster C Personality Disorders
Dr Rita Younan
Rita is the director and founder of the Schema Therapy Institute Australia. She is also the Training Coordinator for the ISST.
Rita works both in Individual and Group Schema Therapy and was the Director of The Schema Therapy Department at The Victoria Clinic, a private psychiatric hospital in Melbourne, Australia. In collaborating with the founders of Group Schema Therapy, Professor Joan Farrell and Ms Ida Shaw, Rita developed an intensive 4-week inpatient program in Group Schema Therapy for Complex Trauma and subsequent outpatient program.
Rita is involved in a number of research projects assessing the efficacy of Schema Therapy as a clinical intervention for a number of clinical disorders, she is a member of the Executive Board for the International Society of Schema Therapy and holds the position of Training Co-ordinator. Rita is an AHPRA endorsed supervisor and clinical supervisor and honorary Associate at Australian Catholic University at the Post-Graduate level.
Rita will be supported by Ruth Holt in her training workshops.
Ruth is a Clinical Psychologist and Principal of Canberra Clinical and Forensic Psychology and is a Certified Schema Therapist and Supervisor/Trainer.
She works with individuals and couples with a range of presentations and conducts workshops and training in Schema therapy, clergy resilience, women’s mental health and abuse in relationships.
Ruth has presented for the ISST, at the Australian Psychological Society’s Clinical College Conference, Moore Theological College and The University of Canberra.
Ruth is also a AHPRA board approved supervisor, supervising Clinical Psychology Registrars and postgraduate psychology placements with the University of Canberra, the Australian National University, the University of New England and Charles Sturt University.
Schema Therapy for individuals
“Rita and Ruth are wonderful presenters, very engaging, very gentle, very respectful/encouraging excellent content.”
“Rita and Ruth’s training was excellent and the positive group dynamic was what stood out the most.”
“The handouts, materials and scripts were really supportive in allowing me to apply the knowledge and skills learnt after the course. I really like the self-reflection and discovery aspects of the course, and to experience and benefit from experiential practices (e.g., somatic bridge) and to have the entire experience rounded up with the Healthy Adult Embodiment practice for grounding.”
“Really enjoyed learning from both the trainers, and they were able to address any questions from the participants and share their personal experiences which was helpful.”
More Schema Therapy Workshops
"*" indicates required fields